Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lana Del Rey Covers British Vogue March 2012





She's quickly becoming a household name thanks to the popularity of her worldwide hit single "Video Games," and Lana Del Rey now finds herself covering the March 2012 issue of British Vogue magazine.

The 25-year-old New York City native's front page was shot by famed photographer Mario Testino while clad in a broderie anglaise blouse and collar by Louis Vuitton.

Set to hit newsstands on February 6th, highlights from Lana's candid interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit British Vogue!

On Christopher Kane and Emilio de la Morena choosing her music to accompany their spring/summer 2012 shows:
"I had no idea about the fashion shows. But I think they chose Video Games because it embodies summertime sadness. Fashion is inspired by youth and nostalgia and draws inspiration from the best of the past. I think both the song and the collections touch on the light and the dark side of life."

On her rise to musical stardom being almost accidental:
"I was always singing, but didn't plan on pursuing it seriously. When I got to New York City when I was 18, I started playing in clubs in Brooklyn - I have good friends and devoted fans on the underground scene, but we were playing for each other at that point - and that was it."

On choosing her stage name:
"I wanted a name I could shape the music towards. I was going to Miami quite a lot at the time, speaking a lot of Spanish with my friends from Cuba - Lana Del Rey reminded us of the glamour of the seaside. It sounded gorgeous coming off the tip of the tongue."