Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Madonna Gets Emotional at "W.E." NYC Premiere





With less than two weeks left until its February 3rd theatrical release date, Madonna hit the red carpet for the New York City premiere of "W.E." at the Ziegfeld Theater on Monday night (January 23).

Hosted by The Weinstein Company with The Cinema Society & Forevermark, the Material Girl wore a flamboyantly fabulous black and grey gown as she joined alongside the movie's cast members Oscar Isaac, Andrea Riseborough, James D'Arcy and David Harbour.

Upon taking the stage to present her cinematical work, Madonna teared up as she dedicated the film to her mother, saying, "If I cry... don't hold it against me. Everyone knows when I'm tired, I cry... So forgive me. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a sentimental person. "

A short while earlier, the pop icon chatted with MTV on the arrivals carpet about her hopes that she lands an Oscars bid during tommorow's nominations ceremony.

Having already won a Golden Globe for Best Song, the 53-year-old dished, "Well, the Oscars, the nominations are coming out tomorrow, and fingers crossed, I hope my movie gets nominated for something. I would be really grateful if it did, but if it doesn't, I got the Super Bowl — keep on going."