Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Channing Tatum Covers DETAILS February 2012



With his new movie "Haywire" ready to make its way into theaters, Channing Tatum is took over cover duties for the February issue of DETAILS.

Set to hit newsstands nationwide on January 17, the 31-year-old spoke with the magazine about everything from his childhood days of shooting guns with his dad to his film aspirations.

Highlights from Channing's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit DETAILS!

On shooting guns with his dad as a child:
“When I was a kid, we lived on the bayou in Mississippi. My dad would throw a beer can into the water and have me shoot at it. Once, when I was really little, we had this huge double-barrel shot-gun, and when I tried it, it literally blew me off the dock.”

On his past projects and learning process:
“You gotta do the Dear Johns. You gotta do The Vow. I’m conscious about why I did those parts, those movies. I wanted to learn from Rachel on The Vow. I wanted to learn from Lasse Hallström on Dear John—he did The Cider House Rules and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. I didn’t go to acting school, so my knowledge of story, filmmaking, and character comes from just being on set and doing it. I know I’m not the best actor, but I hope my characters are getting better.”

On his film aspirations:
“I really don’t want to be in anymore movies that I don’t produce. Unless it’s with one of the 10 directors that I really want to work with, I don’t have any interest in not being on the ground floor of creating it. But what I really want to do is direct.”

On his late nights, often until 4 A.M., brainstorming at the office:
“Jenna’s not always happy when I come home that late, but I’ve just got to get it out.”