Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gwen Stefani Covers InStyle UK January 2012




She's a favorite when it comes to cover gigs, and Gwen Stefani kicks off the year by fronting the January 2012 issue of InStyle UK.

The No Doubt rocker/designer posed for a dashing spread shot by Michelangelo di Battista while talking about topics including her signature look, focus on health, music career and her responsibilities as a mother to her sons.

Highlights from Miss Stefani's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit InStyle UK!

On how she came to arrive at her signature beauty look:
“When I was 17, my grandmother got me a gift pack with all these different-colored lipsticks and one of them was burgundy. I tried it on, looked in the rear-view mirror and said, ‘That looks good’. I’ve worn it ever since. The make-up goes on every day, even if I’m not going anywhere."

On her uber blonde tresses:
"My hair color is by L’OrĂ©al Paris, but I won’t reveal the number. And I do my roots as often as Marilyn Monroe did hers – I’m serious. I found out."

On maintaining a healthy lifestyle:
"In the past, I was a runner and kick-boxer. I also did weight training. These days, I do Pilates, yoga and a lot of walking – now, it’s more about feeling good than looking good.”

On eating the right foods:
"I'm conscious of what I eat, but sme days I cave and have cookies. On fun nights with the family, my husband cooks amazing things and there will be carbs."