Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Leighton Meester Covers Marie Claire April 2012








Bringing her "Gossip Girl" glamour to another publication's front page, Leighton Meester brightened up the cover of the April 2012 issue of Marie Claire.

The 25-year-old Blair Waldorf babe looked yummy in yellow for the magazine's latest installment while chatting with the writer about her "crazy" family history during a bowling alley outing at NYC's Port Authority.

Highlights from Miss Meester's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Marie Claire!

On growing up:
"My family has a crazy history. Probably the craziest I've heard of. I look back now and I see it in a nice light. It wasn't uncomplicated. But I played outside. I went to the beach. There were happy, fun times."

On having little use for self-pity:
"You can take what is handed to you and use it as an excuse to mess up. But I've always handled what was given to me by life. I consider myself lucky. I was never lied to. And I was loved."

On not having or wanting a true childhood:
"I worked a lot, even though I was just a kid. It seemed normal to me. I couldn't relate to kid stuff. 'Jimmy doesn't like me!' Who cares? I was worried we didn't have gas money or food. Those were my concerns."

On getting stronger through suffering:
"When you see how you react when you suffer, that's when you know what you are made of."

On her indifference towards relationships:
"I never had a boyfriend until I was 18. It's nice, I guess - when you like them. But it isn't the most important thing. I'm not sure I ever want to get married. The only time a relationship is good is when you really love them. I don't want to hang out with some guy I just like."