Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ke$ha Covers V Magazine's Americana Issue









She's quickly approaching the release of her sophomore album titled Spandex on the Distant Horizon and, for a little added exposure, Ke$ha took over the cover of V magazine's Issue #77.

The 25-year-old singer/songwriter rocked an American flag styled dress from Dsquared with Western Spirit accessories and face paint for the Inez & Vinoodh shot spread in what's been dubbed as the publication's 'Americana Issue'.

Highlights from Ke$ha's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to V magazine!

On her place in the world of music:
“I do feel like there are the pop stars of the world and then I’m like their dirty little sister, running around with s**t on my face in combat boots because I can’t walk in heels.”

On her upbringing:
“My very first memory is when we lived in Van Nuys, running around barefoot. Shortly thereafter we moved to Tennessee, which was a lot of hiking and rope-swinging. I always coveted a Trans-Am, which is now my ride of choice.”

On whether she feels she's today’s working-class pop star:
“I do feel like there is an element of what I’m doing that is about where I come from, which is working-class. I was never the cool kid, I was never hot in high school. I was never popular. You don’t have to be perfect and you don’t have to be rich and you can still be successful.”

On writing her new album:
“The first record was all me living in L.A., trying to pay my rent, have a really good time, and look good on nothing. But ever since then I’ve seen how many people my music can reach, and I’ve realized that I have somewhat of a social responsibility to make sure everything I say is positive. The underlying theme of this next record is warrior, with the positive message being that everyone has a warrior inside.”

On her new album's sound:
"Some people will be shocked. Some will also be excited to know that I don’t just do silly white-girl rap. I’m from the South, I have a lot of soul. But trust me—it’s not going to be some avant-garde jazz record. I innately write pop songs. That’s just what I do.”